Frequently Asked Questions
To view the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), click on the questions in the box below to view answers.
Caravan Owner FAQs
- What rental properties can I advertise on LowCostCaravans?
- Any static caravan that is available for hire and is situated at any UK holiday park.
- How much does it cost to advertise with you?
- We offer a range of advertising options to suit most budgets. As an owner, you can contact us to discuss your individual requirements in more detail and get a custom quote for advertising with us. Alternatively, you can register for an owners account and purchase one of our plans from your owners dashboard.
- Do you require proof of ownership before I can add a listing to your website?
- YES. In a drive to give guests peace of mind when contacting owners through our website, ALL owners that register with us and advertise their caravans for private hire will be required to verify their caravan ownership details with us. This helps us to weed out any fake listings and owners which have been authenticated will be displayed with specific "Verified Status". Holiday parks who advertise will need to provide authenticating information also before listing their caravans on the website.
- How do I receive booking enquiries from your website?
- Owners stay in complete control of any booking enquiries that are received from a listing. These guest enquiries are sent to an owner using our secure messaging system and a notification email is sent to you when an enquiry has been set. To reply to a guests enquiry you MUST log in to your owners dashboard and view/reply to your message from within the message tab. This gives guests added security when contacting owners.
- Can I advertise multiple rental properties with you?
- Yes you can place multiple listings with us. If you are a management company, or deal with more than 10 caravans for hire, then please contact us so we can discuss our custom plan options with you.
- How do I add my caravan to your website?
- You will need to register for an owner account to add your caravans for hire. We have a handy owners support tool within your dashboard to help you get you get started. You can purchase a suitable plan once you are logged in. If you would like to add more than one static caravan, you can upgrade your plan to one of our bulk plans from within your user dashboard.
- What do I do if my location is not listed on your website?
- Our sophisticated search function will only display locations where we have caravan or lodges listed. A full list of UK holiday parks can be viewed and selected when you start creating your listing. If your park is not listed we can add this to our database for you straight away. Just contact us to get it added.
- Why should I advertise on LowCostCaravans.com?
- Our website gives your listing complete exposure to guests looking for an affordable caravan rental. Listing your caravan with us will reach out to those guests and help you to increase your static caravans occupancy rates with those looking to book their next family holiday.
- Does my listing have to offer a LowCost price to advertise with you?
- The price you charge to hire your caravan is completely up to you. Whether a guest feels this is a great price is dependant on their specific requirements. Whether its a late deal, short break, or family holiday - our website has listings that cater for guests with all budgets and requirements.
- Can I advertise a Last Minute / Late Deal on your website?
- We are currently developing a new section to the website to allow owners to advertise late deals or last minute offers on our website. We hope to have this feature available in the near future. In the meantime you can register for an account and advertise your caravan normally which will be displayed on the main page and search results.
Caravan Guest FAQs
- Who owns the caravans listed on your website?
- All caravans advertised for hire on our website are privately owned, owned by the holiday park or from a management company that advertises caravans on behalf of their owners . Any bookings are made with the owner direct and you can contact the owner using the contact link found within their listing.
- How do I contact the owner of a caravan I would like to book?
- All listings on our website have the option to contact the owner if you have any queries or would like to book. Any emails sent to owners are done so securely. We recommend our owners respond to guest enquiries within 48 hours wherever possible.
- Do you have listings for holiday parks in all parts of the UK?
- Our website is a national site, so we accept listing from owners for all areas of the UK. The search field is designed to only display the areas where we currently have live listings associated with, This feature is designed to keep the website streamlined and to avoid guests spending time searching for areas with no results.
- How do I know an owners listing is genuine?
- Owners who have previously supplied proof of ownership show as "Verified" on our website. We recommend you personally verify an owners details before sending any payments . All caravan owners will be happy to provide documentation to prove they own the caravan they have advertised. Owners on most sites have a reference/account number and a pitch number. Some parks will be happy to confirm if an owner is genuine if you contact them.
- We recommend making or sending payments to an owner through a verified online payment system such as Paypal or Google Checkout where possible. These methods tend to give the buyer a certain level of protection, and payments are sent securely without any of your card or banking details given to owners. If owners do not offer these payment methods, make sure you are happy you have verified the owners details before sending money to them via other methods.
- Don’t be afraid to ask an owner as many questions as you’d like. Owners will be happy to answer your questions in full and will understand you are just being thorough.